WE PROVIDE A FULL RANGE OF EMPLOYMENT LAW SERVICES TO “EMPLOYEES” AND “EMPLOYERS”
1. SERVICES FOR EMPLOYEES
– You are a Victim of Unlawful Employment Practice if:
- You were wrongfully terminated from your job in violation of public policies; or
- You were wronged on your compensation by unpaid wages; unpaid overtime; illegal wage deductions; did not receive accurate wage statements; not given rest or meal breaks; or
- You were misclassified as an exempt employee, although your job function was under a non-exempt status; or
- You did not get the severance package you were entitled to receive when your employment was terminated; or
- You were harassed or discriminated because of your sex, gender, pregnancy, race, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, medical condition, or religion; or
- You were retaliated against because of your protected activities such as whistleblowing by reporting illegal activities to your employer or to a government or law enforcement agency; or
- You worked in a hostile work environment that caused you physical and/or mental injuries while continue working; or
- you are subject to substantial and intolerable hostility because of your sex, gender, pregnancy, race, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, medical condition, or religion that ultimately have caused you to quit; or
- You were subject of your employer’s internal investigation and as a result of the investigation, company, unreasonably, and improperly took an adverse employment decision against you; or
- Your employer breached the employment agreement you had with them causing you to lose your job, money, or benefits, or forced you to sign a non-compete agreement as condition of your employment; or
- Your employer defamed you by publishing an unprivileged and false statement about you to another person that caused injury to your reputation; or
- You were denied employment because of sex, gender, pregnancy, race, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, medical condition, or religion or the result of a drug test you had to take as part of job application.
- Employee’s Rights
- Wrongful Termination
- Whistle Blowing
- Sexual Harassment
- Hostile Environment
- Wage & Hour
- Equal Employment
- Prohibited Practices
- Law Enforced by EEOC
2. SERVICES FOR EMPLOYERS
– Protect your Rights
Mostafavi Law Group handles employment litigation matters, including claims for wage and overtime violations, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation and wrongful termination. Mostafavi Law Group has the experience and qualifications to handle any employment claim in State or Federal Court, and in arbitration and administrative hearings. We can help you protect your company and quickly and efficiently end a case that has been filed against you.
We will fully evaluate the claim and the merits of the case. We will also listen carefully to your concerns and take into account your goals. Based on our knowledge and experience, we will provide you with a clear analysis of the case and our recommendations for the best course of action.
Mostafavi Law Group focus on protecting employers through the highest level of legal counseling, litigation defense and education. Mostafavi Law Group focuses on managing employment representation to enable us to provide a level of personalized service unmatched by larger firms.
Mostafavi Law Group’s employment law services include but not limited:
- Effective counseling for favorable resolution of “employee claims” that includes discrimination, retaliation, harassments and wrongful termination.
- Aggressive defense of employment lawsuits.
- Favorable Resolution of wage & hour claims, that includes exempt and non-exempt classifications.
- Effective lawsuits to misuse of company assets, remedy employee theft, and employee misconduct.
- Implementation of appropriate work place policies and procedures to decrease the potential future complaints and to provide stable development of the corporation.
- In house trainings.
- Custom employee “handbooks.”
Experienced managers are usually able to handle basic employment problems. There are disputes where they get more complex, which consultation with an employment and labor lawyer is important. Corporations can receive formal complaints, large attorney bills and liabilities if significant employee disputes or decisions are not resolved early. For example
- Disciplinary investigations and decisions:Employers must be fair and effective in response to an accusation of wrongdoing. A corporation may face liability for failing to deal with a dishonest employee, as it may concluding without an adequate inquiry that an innocent employer is guilty of such actions. Mostafavi Law Group can help providing the proper balance and reach a fair decision, with continues management to maintain workplace efficiency.
- Threatened and/or actual court and/or administrative proceedings:If a current or former employee file and/or threatens to file any sort of lawsuit and/or complaint with a government agency, including the United States Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) or the California’s Department of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE), it is important to contact Mostafavi Law Group immediately. Charges of harassment, discrimination, wage and hour violations may be taken seriously. When you mishandle any allegations from an employee, it may create a workplace retaliation.
- Employee contracts:Mostafavi Law Group is an experienced attorney who can create, review and strengthen employment-related agreements, including but not limited to contracts at hiring and severance releases offered at termination. If you have a poor agreement, it may create difficult and expensive disputes over interpretation later.
- Workplace policies and handbooks:Up-to-date written employee policies and Comprehensive, maintained in a manual or handbook, are the foundation for legally-sound business and frequently a critical “ounce of prevention” against claims over compensation, paid vacation and other benefits, workplace safety, acceptable employee conduct, the company’s ability to investigate into potentially private subject matters, and many other issues.
- Employer Obligations
- In House Training
- Employment Law Advice
WE CAN HELP
If you feel that you’re the victim of an unlawful employment practice, you should contact an employment attorney immediately to protect your legal rights under both State and Federal laws.
The employment law matters are often complex and fact specific. At Mostafavi Law Group, APC, we treat your situation uniquely, and will tailor our representation to your situation and needs with commitment and zealous advocacy to maximize the recovery for you.
TAKE AN ACTION TODAY TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
Contact us today by calling (310)473-1111, send us a fax at (310)473-2222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help.