EMPLOYMENT LAW ADVICE
Mostafavi Law Group advises businesses on the complicated laws relating to employment issues in California. Mostafavi Law Group proactively consults, advises and works closely with their clients to ensure that potential problems are avoided.
Our firm counsels companies on the following:
- Laws regarding wages, rest breaks, meal breaks and overtime pay
- “Employee” versus “independent contractor” classification
- Discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in the workplace
- Hiring and firing of employees
- Promotions and demotions of employees
- The proper administration of leaves of absence
- Workplace safety laws
- Development and implementation of employee handbooks, employment policies and procedures, employment contracts, separation agreements, and general releases from liability
FIRING AN EMPLOYEE
Mostafavi Law Group can counsel you on how to properly terminate an employee in order to ensure that a “wrongful termination” lawsuit will not be filed against your company. Don’t take any action against an employee without consulting us first.
We will conduct a detailed interview with you to understand your company and the reasons for the termination. Based on our evaluation, we will use our ample experience in employment law to recommend various options that are available to you. In the end, you will be able to address the situation in a way that will achieve your company’s goals while avoiding the risk of a future lawsuit from a disgruntled employee.
COMPREHENSIVE COMPANY ANALYSIS
Mostafavi Law Group will conduct a detailed analysis and review of your company’s structure, practices, and policies to ensure its compliance with all employment laws. Taking proactive steps to protect your company today can help ensure that your business is not subjecting itself to the risk of facing costly and time-consuming lawsuits in the future.
We recommend every business to invest in a comprehensive company analysis every one to two years to ensure compliance with all the latest changes to the state and federal employment laws.
As part of this service, we will also review:
- Employee Handbooks.
- Meal break and rest break policies.
- Record keeping policies.
- Other employment policies including performance review, discipline and grievance policies.
- Employee Application and new hire packet.
- All insurance policies.
- Personnel files to ensure all necessary documents are in file. (Eg. I-9, W-4, application, performance review, discipline report, etc.).
- Classification of employees to ensure that each employee is properly classified as “exempt” or “non-exempt”.
- Independent contractor agreements (if any), and determine if accurately classifying individuals as independent contractors.
WE CAN HELP
Please contact us to find out more about these services.
The employment law matters are often complex and fact specific. At Mostafavi Law Group, APC, we treat your situation uniquely, and will tailor our representation to your situation and needs with commitment and zealous advocacy to maximize the recovery for you.
TAKE AN ACTION TODAY TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS
Contact us today by calling (310)473-1111, send us a fax at (310)473-2222 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help